Operations Research: Theory and Applications is a comprehensive textbook for courses in quantitative methods, operations research, management science, analytical methods for decision-making, and other related subjects. The all new sixth edition of the book further enhances the easy-to-understand approach adopted in earlier editions. This approach provides the readers an understanding of the problem-solving methods based on a careful discussion of model formulation, solution procedures, and analysis of results.
– Almost all chapters have been reorganized and/or rewritten to facilitate better and easier understanding of the concepts and text material.
– Each chapter begins with a Preview and Learning Objectives to guide the students and help them focus on understanding a specific topic under study.
– Most of the chapters contain Management Cases to help students understand various business situations, and suggest solutions to managerial issues that are raised while using specific techniques of operations research.
– Each chapter contains Concept Quizzes to help students reinforce their understanding of the principles and applications of operations research techniques.
– Explanations are well illustrated with numerous interesting and varied business-oriented examples.
– Conceptual Questions, Self-Practice Problems with Hints and Answers have been provided in each chapter to enable students to learn at their own pace.
– The book conforms to the latest trends of questions appearing in universities and professional examinations.
– Appendices included in most of the chapters provide basic theoretical support to the development of specific techniques used in solving decision-making problems appearing in the chapters.
– References to questions appearing in the examinations of various Indian universities have been updated.
The book is intended to serve as a core textbook for the students of MBA/PGDBM, MCom, CA and ICWA who need to understand the basic concepts of operations research and apply these directly to real-life business problems. It also meets the requirements of the students of MA/MSc (Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research), MCA, MIT, MSc(IT), BE/BTech, AMIE, who need both theoretical and practical knowledge related to operations Research.
Chapter 1 Operations Research : An Introduction.
Chapter 2 linear Programming : Applications and Model Formulation.
Chapter 3 Linear Programming : The Graphical Method.
There are no inquiries yet.
There are no reviews yet.